- - What
did you expect me to do? To leave her? She is expecting my child for God’s
sake!
I just stood
there shocked, trying to process everything I just heard. I remember shaking
frantically, feeling nauseous and crumbled on the floor.
When I woke up I was in a hospital room, surrounded by the worried looks of my mother, my brother Aaron and Will.
- Oh my darling, are you alright? Asked my mother caressing my hand.
I just nodded: What happened? Why and how did I get here?
- That bastard! That son of a bitch! That good for nothing……. growled Will before my mother cut him short.
-You just fainted my love, you weren’t feeling well and you’ve be out for 2 days. The doctor says it’s all due to high levels of stress and anxiety.
I noticed that there was something they didn’t want me to know, well mainly my mother and Aaron who was staring at me the whole time, silent, with this pity look on his face.
- Where is Stephen? Why isn’t he here? Is he at work? I asked looking for answers in the eyes of my mother and brother.
-He called of the wedding! Said Will with resentment in his voice.
Hearing those words I suddenly remembered everything……
I wasn’t looking for love when I met him. Not at all! As a matter of fact, I have had my fair share of disappointments and heartbreaks and the last thing I wanted was another meaningless relationship. But he insisted on seeing me again after the New Year eve’s party at Raina’s house, my best friend. I gave in and accepted to meet him a few weeks later with the blessings of Raina who believed we were a perfect match. Stephen my ex fiancé wasn’t the type of man I would usually fall for. He was skinny, dark and looked quite mature for his age. However, there was something about his facial features that made him look attractive: not attractive as my previous paramours but still attractive enough to keep me interested. I always told myself and my friends that the first thing that catches your eye is the physical appearance, the personality is secondary at that stage but usually becomes the primary reason why people stick together or not.
On our first
date, he came to pick me up and took me to this new Moroccan restaurant that
opened in town. The décor was amazing, very oriental and eastern like. Long similar
Persian carpets rolled on the marbled floor. Instead of chair and tables as we
would find in common restaurants, the room was filled with a dozen of mini
intimate squared rooms that were draped in long flowy sheer curtains, the tables were very low, dressed in cotton white
table cloths were authentic golden cutlery were carefully placed. Colourful and
concisely decorated cushions surrounded the table. The setting was very
intimate and exotic. I internally smiled at the idea of sipping on some merlot
with my date and talking about shit. Yes, when I had a little too much to drink
the candid extrovert in me appeared and talked freely with no boundaries.
- - Do
you like it here? Stephen asked shyly.
- - I
love it, it’s quite different. I said sitting comfortably on one of the many
cushions.
As the night
went by I found out that my date was in a long distance relationship recently
but things ended when his ex-girlfriend refused to marry him. To avoid getting
into a depressive mood due to past relationships. I changed the subject to life
dreams and goals. Mr. Stephen was actually interested in pharmacology and
wished to open a pharmacy back in Texas where he came from. He supported gay
rights and love spending his free time watching movies or reading about new
innovations relating to pharmacology.
Parked outside my building, he said: I really had a great time tonight and wish to see you again.
The alcohol in me made me pull him towards me and kiss him rigorously. His lips were soft and had still had the taste of the merlot we had earlier. As his hand glided through my shirt, I shivered at the thought of what could happen after this kiss, I could feel him trying to undo my bra and instead of repulsively rejecting him, I let myself go and enjoyed the sweet caresses and kisses that I’ve not gotten in a very long time. His big hands were firmly holding my breasts while he kissed me passionately. I could feel my genitalia moistening. This was a sign, a sign for me to stop before I ended bedded by stranger (well yes, he was still a stranger, all I knew about him was his love for medicine, his name and his hometown. He could be a serial killer for a fact). I pulled away grabbed my bag and blurted out a goodbye and quickly rushed inside my building with shame….
Parked outside my building, he said: I really had a great time tonight and wish to see you again.
The alcohol in me made me pull him towards me and kiss him rigorously. His lips were soft and had still had the taste of the merlot we had earlier. As his hand glided through my shirt, I shivered at the thought of what could happen after this kiss, I could feel him trying to undo my bra and instead of repulsively rejecting him, I let myself go and enjoyed the sweet caresses and kisses that I’ve not gotten in a very long time. His big hands were firmly holding my breasts while he kissed me passionately. I could feel my genitalia moistening. This was a sign, a sign for me to stop before I ended bedded by stranger (well yes, he was still a stranger, all I knew about him was his love for medicine, his name and his hometown. He could be a serial killer for a fact). I pulled away grabbed my bag and blurted out a goodbye and quickly rushed inside my building with shame….

Leave a comment for a more intriguing Chapter 2... ^^
ReplyDelete